Wednesday, January 9, 2008

If I could switch places...

If I could change into something for a day, I wouldn't choose to be a person...it would be boring. I would want to be an animal, or a cartoon character. Hmm......I would be Captain Crunch. I would get to live on a ship, and go around and shrink people. I would get to eat yummy cereal all day and I would get to sail on a sea of milk (prefereably chocolate milk). Here is my story......

One Saturday afternoon, Madeline woke up and decided to have Captain Crunch for breakfast. When she looked at the cereal box, she saw that there was a prize inside! "Hooray!" she said, "A prize!"
Madeline turned the cereal box upside down and all of the cereal fell to the floor, along with the prize.
The prize looked like a jack-in-the-box. Madeline wound the handle on the side of the box, and when the box opened, she got sucked inside the box by a magical force.
Madeline hit the hard floor of a wooden ship. "I wonder where I am..." she wondered. So, Madeline began to explore. She came to a door that said "Chocolate" on the front. She opened it, and she found a machine. This machine was spewing out Choco-Crunch! "Mmmmm..." Madeline said.
Next, Madeline came to a door that said "Peanut Butter." She opened that door and found a mochine that was spewing out Peanut-Butter Crunch! "Mmmmmm..." Madeline said.
Next, she came to a door that said "Crunch Berries." She opened the door, and there was a machine spewing out crunch berries. "Mmmmmmm..." Madeline said.
Finally, she came to a door that said "Captain Crunch." "Hmmm.." said Madeline. She quietly opened the door, and she walked into a large empty room. "Hello?" she called, "Helloooo??" No answer.
On the wall, the only things hanging were a series of pictures of ships. Under each picture, there was a date. "These must be the ships of Captain Crunch!" Madeline said. "No way...." Madeline thought. She ran to the mirror and looked at herself. But she didn't see Madeline. She saw Captain Crunch!
"Sweeeeeeeeet!" exclaimed Madeline.
Madeline spent her whole day crunch-a-tizing anyone who crossed her path. She came across her best friend Katie Scott. She crunch-a-tized Katie and when Katie found her balance on the ship, she said "Hello, Captain Crunch. My name is Katie-" "I know what your name is, Katie Scott." said Madeline, as Captin Crunch. "Uhh......" said Katie. "Don't worry, Katie. I'm Madeline, your best friend!" "Uh-huh....." she said. Then she screamed and jumped off of the ship's edge. She landed softly on her feet on the sidewalk where she was walking home from school when she was crunch-a-tized. "That was weird..." Katie said.
Meanwhile, all of the other people on the ship were wondering what was going on, too. Then, they all jumped off the side of the ship, and landed softly on their feet where they were crunch-a-tized.
"I guess I'd better get going, too." said Madeline. Just as she was about to jump off the ship, Madeline felt herself split in two. Suddenly, Captain Crunch was standing beside her. "Wow, hi, captain." Madeline waved to Captain Crunch and jumped off the ship. She landed softly in her kitchen, with a bowl of Captain Crunch in her hand.

No comments: