Saturday, January 12, 2008

Happy New Year!

Greetings!
I hope you had a great break and your brain is ready to work hard!

Here is today's question--please take into consideration YOUR life, the WORLD, and the books you are reading (mention them in your writing please)- and answer this:

Do we need other people's approval for what we do and how we live? "Whose affection do you value more, hers or theirs?"--Artie from Stargirl.

How easy is it to be our own voice? To do what we want and be who we want? What happens if we do not value our own voice and at the same time respect the voices of others? What happens if we do not STAND for something, do we FALL for anything?

How do you handle this? What keeps you focused and listening to your voice? What distracts you from being the true you? In the book you are reading-how are the characters handling this issue?

Enjoy!
Mrs. Gaboury

1 comment:

Dan Webb said...

For some people they live on the opinion of others and care what people say about them. I am totally opposite, I am more of a type of person that doesn’t care about what people say or do. I am a person that is free spirited and I live how I want. Some times I think about what girls say about me but then I don’t because truly they don’t like me, if they try to judge me.

Its very hard to try to be your own voice when you really don’t have any people that are "on your side" but I hate when I see people pick on this kid and he is trying to defend himself and it feels that I should help him but then I’m just going to be picked on. I want to help the other person and I know that’s the right thing what I feel like that I’m going to be the person that is going to get made fun of next.

What I think distracts people from knowing the real me is that what I am afraid of saying things that they may not get or thinks its ridiculous. I think it would be weird if you acted different when you are home because then you treat your family so much differently and I don’t like when my friends do that. Most of them in my book are ignoring it and just keeping it to themselves.