Choices, choices, choices. Who would I like to be, to be able to control their decisions, view their perspectives, and (hopefully) get to understand them a little bit better? Well, when I put it that way, I might have a few choices.
Of course, there are friends to take into account. It would be nothing short of enlightening to spend a day as my good friend Sarah Davis, who is by all accounts different from I, to say nothing more. I'm hoping that such an experience might start to peel away the layers of the enigma that is my quirky amigo, although I can't expect much results, seeing as how different we are. On a bigger scale, taking the place of in important historical figure would probably be just as productive - Bonaparte, perhaps? With me taking a walk in his relatively small shoes, Europe might have stayed together for a few more decades. I would've swept the floor at Waterloo, just by bringing out the French Imperial Guard to counter the lat flanking maneuvers of the Prussian cavalry, as Napolean should have. And I never would have even set foot in Russia, one of the most abysmal military operations in history. Trust me, things would have been different.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey, Stonewall! I love the post, escpecially the tactical maneuver reference. You know, you could have brought airsoft to the Napoleanic Wars. Wouldnt that have been fun. Shooting each other with BBs instead of musket balls. Or a least you could have brought them some breach-loaders or napalm.
who are you?
Post a Comment