I've always found politics incredibly interesting, but just this year really realized just how important they are. The politics of this country will have an impact om the rest of the world.
Now, I'm not sure exactly where I stand - I haven't taken the time to do alot of research. I come from a family of independents who have a tendency to lean conservative republican. I get alot of my info from people and righ now I'm trying to seperate the opinion of others to actual facts about the candidates.
One large question I've been battling is how much I should let the religion of the candidates effect my view on them. Being a christian, I sometimes feel judged like since I'm a Christian, I'd just blindly vote for Reverend Huckabee because of his previous occupation as a minister. Let me just say that I'm not sure I know any Christian who votes that way. I guess the way I look at it is that within our Constitution, our leaders don't have the ability to force there religion upon us (aetheists don't need to fear Huckabee). If our leader isn't religous, how much does that really effect us? Morals would probably be effected by religion. Mrs. Gaboury made an interesting comment to me the other day about how if the candidate believes in God, then they kind of have someone to keep them accountable when nobody is looking. This could b every helpful in helping our government out of it's corruption.
I guess what seems more important in this race is finding a good leader. Our country is in a difficult spot right now with the war, illegal immigration and economy, health care etc.
Personally, I don't like the democratic idea of bringing our troops home in a year and all that. I do think that if Iraq won't corroporate, we need to get out of there but it seems like getting out there in a single moment could be deadly for Iraqi future.
Illegal immigration must be nailed. This is really hurting our economy. These guys must be made real, legitimit citizens or must be made to leave. I can see the republican idea of deporting all the ones who have commited crimes working. These people certianlly should be let back into our country as legitimate citizens. We certinally can not let people sneak into our country, take our jobs without paying taxes and then commit crimes. If they're commiting crimes out of desperation, that is no excuse. If they had come in as legal citizens, they would have been able to get legal help without stealing money from the American people.
I'm afraid I don't know enough about health insurance and stuff like that. I also don't know exactly where the candidates stand on all this. I hope to learn more about this in the near future.
One more comment. I desperately hope that women won't vote for Hilarly because she's a women. It's as sickening as white people voting for a white candidate because he is white and African-American's voting for Barak Obama because he's African-American. What we are looking for in this election is a good leader no matter what his/her outward complextion or sex is.
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm please that some people are thinking polotics thru like you are so kudos! But however, what you said about Democrats is twisted. We are not looking to pull out troops in a moment. Most of us want to do it over a gradual time frame, because we dont belong there. Otherwise, good post!
Post a Comment