OKAY!
Republicans
As of 1:40 am EDT, 96% of all precincts had reported. The votes were as follows:
John McCain with 37% of the vote and an estimated 4 delegates;
Mitt Romney with 32% of the vote and an estimated 3 delegates;
Mike Huckabee with 11% of the vote and an estimated 0 delegates.
Democrats
As of 3:00 am EST, 96% of all precincts had reported. The votes were as follows:
Hillary Clinton with 39% of the vote and an estimated 9 delegates;
Barack Obama with 37% of the vote and an estimated 9 delegates;
John Edwards with 17% of the vote and an estimated 4 delegates.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Hampshire_primary%2C_2008
So, these are the results, just for reference. I knew the rsults for the democrats, but didn't know 2nd and 3rd place for the republicans. Anyway, I think that these results mean several things. First of all, the polls are no way to judge who will win. Additionally, it means that this this race is still open to change. It is still anybody's game.
I follow politics because they interest me. I love to learn things, and there is an endless amount to learn in the game of politics. This primary is at least a good thing for McCain. He needs the points so that he can rise above the other republicans. He doesn't have such a distinct advantage, like Clinton and Obama do over their party, so the win in NH will be of great benefit to him.
By the way, a little off topic, but I use BBC for the majority of my news. It is highly organized and covers a vast array of topics. It has even composed FAQ sheets so you can understand the basics of things like politics, global warming, and Iran.
Anyway, I personally have no definite favorite in the race. Obama agrees with me on most issues, but he has several lacklust characteristics. For example, he has a notable lack of experience in the field of politics and he smokes. Okay, big woop. No! He is supposed to be setting an example for America, being a leader. One who currently smokes and used to use illegal drugs is not settling a very good example. Not to bash him, though. I like his views, so he would probably be my vote, could I vote. I don't really like Clinton because she is so extremist liberal. Her health-care plans are a little extreme as well. However, I think that she gets a lot of votes simply because she is a woman and other women will support her, no matter her beliefs.
On the republicans... Well, there are not many conservative beliefs that I support, so the main thing that appeals from the republican party is their endorsement of free enterprise.
While sometimes difficult, one must remember than none of these candidates are evil. All of them believe they can lead America to success, and while some may be more successful, selfish, or selfless than others, one must strive to remember that the race for presidency is rooted in the desire for the betterment of the United States.
(To be continued, maybe)
~Tyler
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment